Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We are currently in the happy position of not having much new to report. Gabriel is settling into a normal baby role. As Mom says, he eats, he poops, he sleeps, he spits up and that is a busy day for Gabe! He is starting to smile more again, which is reassuring to us. He is also trying to roll a little! A couple of days ago, Mom asked me if I had placed him on his side to sleep and I replied that I hadn't. We both wound up staring over the side of he bed grinning like idiots at little Gabe sleeping on his side, all by himself! The only other news we have is that first steps is coming tomorrow to get things started to see if he will qualify (or even need) services. I don't think he'll actually need much therapy, especially considering all he went through.

We are busy, but mostly trying to be as normal of a household as possible for Justin and Kendrick's sake. Josh and I took them swimming yesterday - since school starts in two weeks and I haven't done much summer stuff with them, and also while we have a live-in babysitter! When we got back, we discovered that some folks from my work had brought us some food. There was homemade salsa (I know Karen made that, it's my fav at all of the carry-ins) and chocolate chip cookies that I haven't been able to stay out of. Thanks for the grub! Otherwise we are getting ready for the wedding (four days and counting!) and for school to start.

1 comment:

The Hull 6 said...

It's so good to hear that nothing has happened! HA! I'm sure the everyday things mean even more to you now! Have a great rest-of-the-summer.
Love,
The Hull6