Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Few more pictures

Nothing new to report about Gabriel, just getting the odds and ends out of the way. I have practiced placing his NG tube (his feeding tube) twice now, so I am checked off for that. Josh has to do that a couple of times, to show he can do it too. Naturally Gabe doesn't like it very much, but until he gets better with the oral stuff, the kid's got to eat! After I placed it, got him fired up, I gave him his 10 ml bottle. He took it down in about two minutes, which he hasn't done before! Now, if only he would do it in front of the slp (speech pathologist working with him on feeding). She came by twice yesterday at his feedings and he wasn't very interested in the bottle, which makes it pretty hard to evaluate swallowing. Maybe he'll behave tomorrow!

On a completely unrelated topic, I got to touch the Vince Lombardi trophy!! HAHAHA!!! I only had to stand in line about two minutes too! Just happened to be in the lobby when they were setting up for it to come in, so I hopped in line with the Hufty's, who happened to be back for an appointment. Please feel free to look at the picture below, and wish you were me! Wish I had my Colt's jersey! There are also pics of the sleep study. They're cool too.

4 comments:

Dave and Maria Schoeppner said...

Congratulations!!! I can't imagine how excited you must be to be preparing to go home! These next two days will surely be a whirl wind! Let us know if you need anything.
Love,
Maria, Dave, Patrick, and Cathryn

Sean & Tina McKinney said...

We are so excited that you are on your way home. It has been so amazing to be touched through your life as we read your blogs of what Gabe and your family has gone through. An experience that I'm sure you'll never forget and will continue to touch many other lives. We never know what God has in store for our lives but he does let miracles happen and Gabe is one of those who has touched so many. We will miss reading your daily blogs though I'm sure you'll continue to keep us posted. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a smooth transition home.
All our love,
Tina, Sean and Brayden McKinney

The Van Hyfte Family said...

Wow! The light at the end of your tunnel is here! We're all full of smiles for you and can't wait to hear about the transition home. It sounds like Baby Gabe will not be in short supply of well wishers and helpers! We continue to thank and praise God for these miraculous two months of healing for little Gabe.
Congratulations!!!
Love,
Shannon, Andy, and Kate

Unknown said...

Congrats Peg, Josh and Family. Thanks so much for the blog updates. Have a nice, peaceful drive home and as I said very early in this ordeal I look forward to my little ones meeting Gabriel and his big brothers some day in the near future.

Wal and the Elders!