Tuesday, July 24, 2007

HOME!

We made it! Sorry for the delay in blog, it has been a little hectic today! We are home and ok (you'd be proud of us in the NICU, when the alarm on the monitor went off, we remembered to check Gabe first and then the monitor. He had a lead off). We left shortly after 12:30 and got home around 4:00 Evansville time. The Wittmer's were here to greet us, complete with a welcome home banner and balloons. It is so good to be home! It is a little daunting to know he is all of our responsibility now. Laura told us many times it was ok to call (careful!), so we know we aren't really alone in this. We had lots of help getting Gabe and all of his stuff unloaded. We got him fed a little late, but did not forget his albuterol treatment (RTs, are you proud of us?). OK, still a lot to do, so that is all for right now. I'll try to write more and add pictures after everybody is in bed (if I am not curled up asleep myself).

Thanks again to everyone who helped get us here!

4 comments:

Amy said...

How awesome that you are home!! You remain in our prayers. Gabe is a miraclous little boy with some very special parents. The very first time I visited the blog, I was so distraught by the look on his grandma's face. I bet she is smiling from ear to ear. I am so glad you have your little boy home. Remember always treat the patient and not the machine :)

Susan Vollmer said...

Congratulations!! Now life can start to be somewhat normal. I am so happy for you. I was sharing Gabe's story with my OB at my appointment this week and she wanted me to share what a special miracle Gabe was (as if you didn't already know : )]

Best of luck and my continued prayers will stay with you!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! We are sooo excited that little Gabe is home. Joe and I have been thinking about you a lot and we are so happy that your little guy is finally home. I will be sure to tell Julie.

Tina said...

I'm so happy for you!