Saturday, June 30, 2007

Holding Steady

Gabriel finally got to sleep and had a restful night. He is continuing to make slow but steady progress in pretty much every area. He is taking 20 ml of breast milk, with orders to increase by 5 ml every 12 hours. If his chest tubes are still not putting out, then maybe by mid-weekish (I made a new word!) he'll get them out! They weaned the rate on the vent down to 20bpm, and will check his blood gas with another possible wean at 8:00 tonight. The neos are slowing down just a tad on the vent weaning since he is eating more now - just to keep from doing too much too quickly. He is also down on his morphine drip a little bit more as well (30 mc, he started at 40). All good news to report today!! He is not coughing quite as much today and his temp is back to normal, so hopefully we are out of the woods for infection, for now anyway.

2 comments:

Courtney Braun said...

Josh, Peg, and boys-

I have tried posting on here numerous times with no luck except the first time. So, I finally started a new account. Please know I think of you all daily. I am in awe of your family's strength and courage. (It is a God thing!) Gabriel is blessed with a wonderful family, and I know that is why God chose you to be Gabriel's family. Please give those boys some hugs for me. I miss those precious smiles!

Love, Courtney

Dave and Maria Schoeppner said...

Great to hear things are continuing to improve! I hope the rest of you had a good weekend as well!
Love,
Maria, Dave, Patrick, and Cathryn