Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Not much has changed from yesterday, just waiting for the chest tubes to stop draining. They only got about 9 ml TOTAL for Monday, they got about 50 out for Sunday - so we are definitely headed in the right direction. We pray it continues!! Dr. Rouse said the stitches would come out July 1st or 2nd, about a month post-op. The neonatology team weaned just a bit more on the vent - they "tweaked" the rate from 36 bpm to 32 bpm. Not as big of a change as they have done after other surgeries, but this time we are weaning with a goal of coming OFF the ventilator and I think his blood CO2 levels have been a little on the high side (but still normal), so they are taking it slow. I'm not expecting any other big medical news today, but I'll let you know if I get any!

Josh and the boys left for Evansville this morning, so I am sort of flying solo, but not really. I've gotten to know the nurses so well that we sit and chat about all sorts of topics, medical and nonmedical. I've also got friends and family up here, visitors, and everybody else is here in spirit!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Great News!! Can't wait to hear more and more good things as the little guy heals!

Todd and Sandy said...

Gabriel Timothy is such an amazing baby. We check progress often and pray for a speedy recovery. Lots of love from northern Michigan, Todd, Sandy and Anna Huntman