Friday, June 8, 2007

Not closing today

Well, he is still too swollen to close today. We thought he looked pretty puffy this morning, so I can't say that I am surprised, just disappointed. That would be another big step, with lots of other big steps that could follow it. Until they close the skin over the liver, he can't come off the ventilator or tube feed and we can't hold him. They also think the fluid in the right lung is starting to increase, so he'll likely get a right chest tube - which we have been warned about since Monday.

*SIGH*

We've still come a long way from where we started, so we'll just have to focus on that!

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

Peg and Josh,
A woman doing Temp work for us overheard me talking to co-worker re Gabe. She waited until later in the day, stopped by with tears in her eyes and said she had overheard the conversation. She said, I'm crying because I know how your niece and her husband are feeling. Twelve years ago when I delivered my daughter they rushed her to TCH in Denver with the same condition. It was an uncertain time for us but thanks to God and all the prayers she is a beautiful 12 year old. Her name is Simone - one who has God's ear.