Friday, June 29, 2007

He won't sleep!!

Gabe is definitely feeling better! He won't sleep! His eyes are always open and he is craning his little neck all around to see everything. Apparently he has been this way since about 4AM. I get him to sleep, slip out briefly and when I return he is wide awake again. It is pretty fun, but I am eating lunch at 2:45 b/c I couldn't leave him! Stacia, his nurse today, taught me how to do his tube feeding - I didn't realize how complicated it was. I watched yesterday, but I guess I wasn't paying as close of attention as I thought. She had me listen to his belly with the stethescope while pushing air in his feeding tube to check if the tube was placed correctly. Then I had to suction out what was in the stomach, disconnect the syringe from the tube - with the suction trying to pull the plunger back in - I felt like I needed more hands, but they do it all the time! Anyway, I figured it out, with lots of help, and fed him for the first time!! Then she turned him over on his tummy, I patted his butt and he drifted off to sleep - we'll see for how long! Josh and co. are on their way back up and should be here in a couple of hours. The temp is back down a little bit, so hopefully it doesn't come back up and we will continue to avoid an infection! OK, I am starving, so I am done here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Ohhh, he is a cutie!", says Ella Grace. Mackenzie blows him kisses through the screen!! They LOVE checking on Gabriel. Their child like faith in the Lord for Gabriel's complete healing is so contagious in our household!!! They ask me frequently, "Can I see Gabe!" or "Please can I see him again!" Mackenzie informed me the other day that, "GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME MOM, LOOK AT WHAT HE IS DOING FOR GABRIEL!" It left me speechless and so full of HOPE!!!

Josh and Peg, I tell you these things because I want you to know just how much GABRIEL has touched us. When I say, "THANK YOU GOD FOR THE GIFT OF GABRIEL!" I TRULY mean it!!!

At this point I usually say "GO GABE, GO!!!" Perhaps today I should say, "SLEEP GABE, SLEEP!!!"(wink) NO, I like "GO GABE, GO!!!" I LOVE your determination little buddy!!!

Hugs and Tons of Kisses, The Huntmans

Jane said...

Peg and co.
I talked to Mary Helen last night and she said she has gotten to see him a couple of times. I love keeping up with him on the blog sight. He has pulled so many many heart strings and touched so many lives. Hang in there!
Love, Jane