Saturday, August 4, 2007

Still doing well with no changes really to tell about it (and that is a good thing!). I went back to work for just a few hours on Thursday and it really wasn't bad. Actually it was nice to see friends I had not seen in more than two months and to do something very normal - work!

Gabriel continues to smile more and more, which is such a joy! The boys love seeing him make these faces. The other night I was sitting with my feet propped and Gabe resting on the back of my legs, facing me. I was raising his arms up, doing the "so big" game, and he would open his mouth as wide as he could and raise his eyebrows each time. We were all thoroughly entertained, and Justin kept falling on the floor laughing. Ofcourse I sent Josh for the video camera and the little stinker wouldn't do it nearly so dramatically on camera, but we got a little bit recorded.

Justin and Kendrick are now pursuing nursing careers, as the learned so much up at Riley. Every day they diligently care for their charges, Leo and Riley (Kendrick's bear and Justin's Lion from Build-a-Bear). Justin says his baby is in module 1, bed 1 and Kendrick's is in module 3 bed 1, just in case you want to send a get-well card. The boys are very good at remembering their "babies" breathing treatments and also their tube feedings (I gave them each a 60 cc syringe and jerry-rigged some curling ribbon through the opening, which we taped to their noses). Ofcourse I have pictures, I just need to get them on the computer.

Ok, I have to get back to bed now!

1 comment:

The Van Hyfte Family said...

It is so nice to hear about your daily routine - and how nice it must be to have a routine!

Your friends have our prayers.