Saturday, August 11, 2007

Miracle Telethon

I got a call yesterday from the miracle network at Riley. They want us to come on the radio Thursday morning during the telethon in Evansville to tell our Riley story. I really didn't expect that. I guess I knew it was remotely possible, just didn't think it would really happen. Hopefully our story will reach somebody somewhere and help inspire them to contribute. I know I am a sucker for radiothons, especially when they play those songs with the family voiceovers. I bawl like a baby and reach for the phone while sniffling and wiping my nose with the back of my other hand. Have you heard Blessed by Elton John? That one really gets me! I believe we will be on WIKY (104.1) Thursday, August 16 at 10:20ish.

The last two nights Gabriel has been conking ou around 9:30 or 10:00 and sleeping until around 9 AM. He is getting pretty regular on his awake times during the day too. It is pretty nice, especially since school starts Monday. We got the boys to bed early tonight, trying desperately to move them towards being able to wake up before 8:30. Monday may be a little hectic.

2 comments:

Dave and Maria Schoeppner said...

Good luck on the 16th on the radio a thon. You should give them a copy of "Gabriel's Song" I bet they would play it!!! We are continuing to keep you all in our prayers. It was great seeing you at the wedding.

Susan Vollmer said...

That is great! I will definitely be listening. I have always been a big believer in and supporter of Rileys, but am even more so, now that I have been a part of a "real life miracle story". Good luck!