Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blizzard miracle day

Did anyone make it to DQ today? If so, let us know your favorite! I had a heath bar blizzard, although my usual fav is the german chocolate blizzard. I don't really like actual german chocolate cake, weird, I know! Josh had a cookie dough blizzard and we brought home a turtle blizzard for Mom. So, that is the tally in our house.

Margaret (Grandma Maggie) heard about the riley radiothon on WIKY, which will commence August 16-18. I went online and filled out the form to answer phones for a couple of hours. I have never done anything like that before, so I am kind of excited at the idea. I'll let you know if they contact me. I also filled out a form to "tell your Riley story". Not sure what they do with those, or if they'll do anything with ours, but I sent it in. Well, the Reader's Digest version anyway!

Gabe has been deciding to stay up 'til midnight the last several nights, so I am TIRED! He sleeps 8 to 9 hours, but doesn't have to wake up to eat - I, however, still have to wake up to feed him. *sigh* sleep is overrated anyway, right? just agree with me, I'm cranky when I'm tired and have to be right. I think he is actually asleep....is that right? Yep, he's asleep. I'm going to bed - wish me luck, this is usually his cue to perk up and smile adorably.

7 comments:

doris & jerry said...

We did stop at our local DQ and the count is 1 snicker and 1 heath. Glad to hear all is doing well and back to a kind of "normal", whatever that is. The pictures are great. Our prayers are with you always.

Grandpa O said...

I had my favorite, butterfinger.

Grandpa O

daBears said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daBears said...

Last night,

1 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

1 Extreme Chocolate

Mmm, Charitable Blizzards! -- Homer

Another Homerism...

Abbi Becker said...

I made sure to stop by Dairy Queen on my drive home from Bloomington yesterday. I enjoyed my favorite, chocolate chip cookie dough, in honor of Gabriel! I am so glad to see that things are going so well for you guys! You all will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...take care!

Grandpa O said...

Gary Witherspoon, a friend of the family since 1965, sends his respect and prayers for Gabe and the family. Gary and his wife, Joyce lived across the hall from us in married student housing at ISU.

Aunt Pat said...

Didn't make it on Thursday, so went Friday after work and put money in the miracle network box at the drive up window. They have a box at the drive up all year long. So I got a shake instead.