Monday, August 13, 2007

More pictures

There are more great pictures below! I even found a picture of Dave Knopsnyder from Summer of 2006, playing guitar out at Lincoln State Park.

I made it to mass yesterday - first time since I have been home. The boys were enjoying their last day of summer vacation, so I went by myself (that way, I also get to actually hear the homily). I'm really glad I did get to pay attention (ofcourse I always try to pay attention, but between two wriggling, impatient boys it isn't always easy). One big point Father made was the importance of having a group to support you, as opposed to going it alone. The analogy he used was a flock of geese and studies that have been done to look at why they use a V formation. He said it has been shown that when they fly as flock in formation, they get a boost from each other and don't have to work as hard. They also take turns in the lead role, so nobody has to do the hardest work all the time. When a goose falls behind, he has to work a lot harder than when he was with the flock - and the flock has to work a little harder as well. I've said from the beginning that we have not done this alone. Every day has been made so much easier because of so many people and we are so grateful to everybody. One person can choose to do things alone, but I do think that is a choice. No matter who you are, if you really need help and you are willing to ask for it, there will be somebody there. Asking for help probably hasn't always been my strongest point, but I'm sure learning fast to accept it. I think difficult times also makes you more aware of others who are struggling and how trying to reach out to them can take your mind off of your own little problems. As I have said before, we've certainly grown from this experience. So, anybody need anything?

No comments: