Wednesday, August 8, 2007

First Steps

We had our evaluation with FS, and it went pretty well, no surprises anyway. They felt like he was where he should be developmentally in every area except for eating (duh!). We were concerned about the head/neck stability, even though it has been improving. They felt like he was right where he should be for stability. He performed pretty well - I moved a couple of times because he was watching me and not her, then when I spoke he looked over towards my voice, which was another important aspect of the eval. They seemed pretty pleased with where he is. She said we likely could get services related to the swallowing and eating, but the therapist who would do that would likely want a swallow study, which we figured.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I still check your blog sight at least once a day and am delighted at the progress Gabe is making. Praise God..... love, Jane
PS> tell your mom hi.

The Hull 6 said...

The wedding looks like it was fun! I wish we could've been there... And those pictures of Gabe's smiles- how cute! He looks so healthy and happy. And we're very happy for you all!
Love,
The Hull6
Andy, Melissa, Noah, Elena, Annalee and Gabe