Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Others in need of prayer

I got up for the 6 AM feeding and while I was waiting to put the second half down the tube, I decided to check email. I got an email from my brother requesting prayers for a friend. He has a close group of friends from high school who still stay in touch and support each other through everything (they call themselves the elders). I've known most of these guys since I was in pigtails. Anyway, they have all been praying for Gabe and us from the beginning and now one of their own needs prayers. I don't know the whole story, but one of the elders has a brother who just had a baby. The baby is fine but his wife's kidneys are failing and she was life-flighted to IU med center. Their names are Dorothy and Brian Mimms. This blog has provided us with a safe haven and a huge network of support and prayers - please direct some of that energy to the Mimms family. On a side note, I graduated from high school with Greg and Brian's younger sister, Leslie. I know you will come through for them as you have for us.

I got another email from a mom in Justin's pre-k class. She has a friend with a child getting ready to go to Riley (I don't know why) and another terminally ill child at home. She asked us for information on the Ronald McDonald House -I'm asking you to pray for them as well. We went through some pretty scarey times, but were still aware of many struggles much greater than ours, especially our last month there. We've been blessed with two completely healthy children and a third that is writing his own medical miracle story as the days pass. We know how fortunate we are. Thanks for your help, once again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Josh and Peg,

We are so thankful that Gabe is home and all is well!!! We continue our PRAYERS daily for "OUR PRECIOUS GIFT"!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

We will add your friends to our prayer requests. Thank you for sharing their names with us and allowing us the opportunity to join you in PRAYER!!!

The girls wanted me to say hello for them to Justin and Kendrick!!! "Hello Boys"!!! Are you enjoying Gabriel being at home??? Have fun!!!

Forever F.R.O.G.ing, The Huntmans

Jane said...

Peg, My prayers continue and will also include those you mentioned. (I remember Greg, but not Brian.) Please tell your Mom hello for me. She must feel like this is one of those unknown reasons she chose the profession she did. Isn't God great!!!!
love Jane