Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Radiothon

My Uncle went online (www.wiky.com) and found that at the website, you can click on "listen now" and get a live feed from anywhere. So out-of-towners with a reasonably quick internet can listen. So Mike - no poking fun while we are interviewing. I'll know. Say hi to Aaron. By the way, my brother knows Aaron Tippin (He's a country singer, Margaret) now. He wants me to think that is better than touching the Superbowl trophy, but I know better. Actually it is a neat story. My brother, Mike, is the band officer for the New Orleans Marine Forces Reserve band - it's a reserve unit, but all of the Marines in the band are activity duty. He had his jazz combo playing at the WWII memorial for the Disabled Veterans and Aaron Tippin was there too. "Somehow" my brother "found" himself next to Mr. Tippin (sounds like stalking doesn't it). Anyway, they talked and Aaron Tippin asked Mike who he could talk to about getting involved with Toys for Tots and Mike gave him his card.

No comments: