Saturday, August 4, 2007

Gabriel's Song

By Dave Knopsnyder

One day in late May, a child was born, Gabriel was my name,
Icame into this world on a wing and a prayer, not knowing how long I'd stay

It would take some time, to know for sure, if the problems would be too great,
Alhough the odds weren't good, I knew somehow I would fly above the storm.

I could feel the power of family and friends, and others I'll never know,
a feeling so strong, like a blinding light, giving me the spirit to fight.

If you believe in God, and miracles, sometimes it's hard to see,
that the prayers from people everywhere, will help others just like me.

This is a song of lasting hope, a song for all to believe,
about a chance to live, a chance to learn, a chance for all to see.

So give me my wings, I'm ready to fly, like an eagle in the wind.
I'll use the prayers from people everywhere, to fly above the sorm.

Now Mom, you may not think I could feel your touch, but I could feel the love pouring through,
and Mom, it won't be long before that very first hug, I need it as much as you.

And Dad, you know I could hear your words, and Dad, I love you too,
I could feel the strength within your voice, helping to guide me through.

This is a song of courage and strength, a song of lasting hope,
about a chance to live, a chance to learn, a chance for all to see.

So give me my wings, I'm ready to fly, like an eagle in the wind,
I'll use the prayers from people everywhere, to fly above he storm.

I'll use the prayers from people everywhere, to fly-------above the storm.

No comments: