Thursday, November 22, 2007

We give thanks...

Happy Thanksgiving. What do you know, I am getting to post today! It is 8:00 AM, and I am still the only one awake - I'm giving thanks for over an hour to myself with my coffee! I'm sure that time is drawing quickly to a close, so this will be brief....no really it will be....ok, I can just hear the eye rolling and doubt over the internet waves. You can stop it now.

It seems that the last several times I have been in a store that has music over the intercom I have heard Natalie Merchant singing "Kind and Generous". That is the song we set the slideshow of everyone at Riley who guided us through our time there. If you search around, we posted it a couple of month ago and you can peak at it again if you want. Ofcourse now every time I hear it, I can't help but think of all the help we have had these past 6 months. Actually, our gratitude extends back nearly a year, to all of those who helped us arrive at a diagnosis. We have spent so much time expressing our gratitude to everyone at Riley (and deservedly so) however I fear I have been remiss to all those who got us to Riley. Without their efforts to get us answers, all those at Riley who worked so hard would never have had the opportunity to work their miracle. So, on this day of thanks - Thank you to everyone in Dr. Riley's office, Dr. Turnquest-Wells' office, Dr. Padilla's office, Ohio Valley Heart Care (2 echocardiograms), Dr. Voyles' office. And ofcourse anyone else I may have missed. Along with that - to all of you, our family and friends (new and old, and those we haven't even met yet) who prayed for us, sent us words of encouragement and lifted us up when we have needed it most. So we dedicate "Kind and Generous" to all of you (quick special thanks to Shannon VanHyfte for helping me locate the lyrics). Natalie Merchant says it better than we could ever hope to express ourselves. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

"Kind and Generous"
Natalie Merchant

You've been so kind and generous,
I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you
For your selflessness, my admiration
For everything you've done, you know I'm bound,
I'm bound to thank you for it....

la la la la la la la la la ...........................

You've been so kind and generous,
I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you
And I never could have come this far without you
For everything you've done, you know I'm bound,
I'm bound tothank you for it....

Na Na na na na na na na na nana na na na na na na na na na

Oh, I want to thank you for so many gifts you gave with love and tenderness,
I wanna thank you
I want to thank you for your generosity,
the love and the honesty that you gave me
I want to thank you, show my gratitude, my love and my respect for you,
I wanna thank you
Oh I want to thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

So very thankful for Gabriel and your whole family. We continue our prayers for Gabriel daily, thanking God for His GIFT OF GABE!!!

Abundant Blessings,
The Huntmans

David and Cory said...

Hi Josh and Peggy,

Thanks again for keeping the blog going! It is such a blessing to see the pictures of Gabe!

I see that you will be in Indy on the 27th. If you are in the NICU again, David and I have some good friends who have been there since Oct. 19th! They had Quintuplets! Their names are Dave and Manna Manley. They would love to hear God's blessings in your life through Gabe's life!

Take Care,
Cory