Saturday, May 17, 2008

One week

Unbelievably, Gabriel will be a year old in one week. What a year it has been. Ok, I am not going there right now. Too much to say, too many emotions to relive and I am not up for it right now. That and everyone is awake and I don't know how much time I have on the computer. I've been working late most nights trying to get his scrapbook updated to display at the party, so I have been going back through "all the stuff" and emotional baggage anyway. We are working on the last minute details of the party and getting ready for company, along with all of the end of the school-year stuff going on. Life is busy! Oh - we have received some notices from Riley for donations in honor of his birthday - thanks, that is very special to us.

We are pretty much living life with Gabe normally now. Gabe went to Kendrick's end of the year picnic yesterday and also with the whole family to St. Ben's summer social. I had to help work in the children's area most of the time, (the older boys were great helpers) so we are planning to return tonight and just have fun. If you haven't gone, you should go. The chicken dinners in the cafeteria are fantastic - plus there's great carnival food with the rides. I got a quick peek in the silent auction and chinese auction booths, and there is some great stuff in there too. Plus the rain pretty well shut things down Thursday, so we need some help making up for it - GO!!

Gabe still just has three teeth, but is very close to having a whole mouthful I think. He is our snaggle-tooth boy, with only one eye-tooth in on top. We have decided his first word is "uh oh". He says it pretty consistently now - and can actually make both vowel sounds. Still no hands and knees crawling, but he gets around very well anyway. I think I failed to mention that he doesn't really like to be fed that much anymore. He wants to do it all himself, which is fun and pretty messy. The older boys really didn't like to get messy, but Gabe doesn't seem to mind. I am almost out of time, so I'll post some good "messy-eater" shots later.

It is shaping up to be a beautiful day today, so I am anxious to get off the computer and start doing something with it - there is certainly enough to do. Enjoy the day!

No comments: