Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!







We had fun today! Everybody had their green on to celebrate. Every morning the boys have milk at breakfast, and there was even a bit o' "blarney" (aka: green sprinkles) in their milk. After their many questions about what was in their milk, they finally smiled, caught on to the fun of it and even drank it. Gabe discovered Kendrick's beads and had fun rolling them around in his hands. Eventually they wound up in his mouth and had to be replaced with baby toys. Ginger has us really working on continuing to get different textures in his hands and the beads definitely fit the bill. We had such a nice weekend. Josh and the older boys worked on demo in the bathroom we decided to update. It has needed updating since moved in, but you know how projects at home go, there are always reasons to put them off. Josh has had to work on some things and has commented on the moisture he encounters and we have often worried about moisture and maybe mold in the walls, so it was time to do something about it. It isn't too pretty under the tile (and the tile wasn't so wonderful either), so I know we made the right decision. It will be a bit chaotic the next few weeks as the main bathroom (and only tub) is in disarray, but it will be worth it when it is finished. Josh is doing most of the work (with help) to save us some big $$, he is quite handy that way. I took some pictures of the guys working in the bathroom, then I had to leave - I couldn't watch my boys with hammers. I envisioned them with their toy hammers, but I was wrong. No trips to the ER, so it all worked out ok. Sunday we went to mass and then decorated Easter Eggs. I think the boys are ready and excited for holy week. We have an Easter book they got either last year or the year before and have begun reading it. They've learned so much about what Easter really is about and it makes us so proud of them. We were sitting in mass for Palm Sunday and they each wanted their own program as the service revolved around The Passion. Kendrick pointed to the picture of St. Ben's on the front of the booklet and excitedly shook my arm exclaiming "That's my school!". Then he noted the cross on the roof above the entrance and whispered loudly while pointing "Hey, that is where Jesus died". So they do pay attention, huh, how about that.
I got pictures of the demo, and the egg decorating. It is past my bedtime, so I will try to get them posted in the morning. Hope you all had a lovely weekend as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.