Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spoke too soon

Yesterday at work I was commenting how fortunate we had been thus far this cold and flu season. On the local news the other night there was a story regarding the near epidemic flu levels around here. The two local hospitals are full. We have had our share of the sniffles and ofcourse Gabe's 48 hour vomiting but, but other than that, it hasn't been too bad. Wellllll....Justin woke up running a fever (fortunately he doesn't appear to have any other symptoms just yet, I guess we'll see what the day brings us) Josh came home from work at around 2AM with a headache and tummy ache, I woke up with a creepy crawly feeling in my skin, which usually means fever or oncoming fever. I too have a headache and some congestion, but so far it isn't too bad.

Justin is looking over my shoulder as I type and offering "suggestions". He is doing very well with his reading and when he read the part about his fever, he wanted me to be sure and let everyone know he is doing his best to take care of himself. True story. I have a back-seat reader/writer.

To update on Gabe, he got his Feb RSV shot on Tuesday. His weight is down about 3 oz from three weeks ago, but the pediatrician wasn't too concerned about it, especially since Gabe has been teething and snotty. I mentioned that he has been doing much better with feedings in the past few days, so I am not too concerned about it. In fact, just yesterday he took about 17 ounces from his cup, which he has never done before. I started a feeding log to keep track of how much he is getting, especially since I am working a little more and there are multiple in charge of feedings now. Well, really just Josh, Gradma and I, but it can still get confusing to keep track of how much he is getting. I probably should have started this when we first began the oral push.

Ok, Justin needs help with his work book, Kendrick has that dangerously mischievous grin on his face and Gabe is starting to fuss for a nap. I am amazed I got this much time with three boys up and active.

No comments: