Monday, December 17, 2007

Therapy Time


As part of Gabe's OT, Ginger has us slowly rotating in a saucer - to stimulate his vestibular system. As she was explaining what we were doing and why, I thought to myself "Finally!! Something I really do understand!". Both boys love to help and Justin does a nice job of slowly rotating the saucer. Kendrick, on the other hand, well....we'll just say that he needs a little guidance on his technique. Otherwise Gabe would be spinning away across the room. Anyway, it is working like magic to help Gabe with his orientation and balance. Out of the blue, he went from sitting unassisted for maybe up to 5 seconds at a time to about 10 seconds yesterday. Today, during a PT session, we counted a 30 second sitting session, all by his little self. And now when he teeters, he will put his hands down to stop from falling. We've been working hard on this skill for the past month of therapy! I'm sure I don't have to tell you I was one proud mama!
If you have the time, there more pictures posted below. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Aunt Kaci said...

I love the fact that Gabe is showing off his love for the Hoosiers in these pictures! I know he was cheering IU on from the saucer! Can't wait to see him tomorrow! Tell Justin and Kendrick I miss them and I will see them Saturday!