Tuesday, December 4, 2007

"Rolling Along"

Well Gabe has officially rolled without even the slightest bit of nudging or tugging or encouraging. We were doing some morning work (tummy time today) and I got up to answer the phone, grab a pen and paper and my coffee out of the kitchen. I returned to the living room within a minute, I am pretty sure, and Mr. Gabe is not how I left him. He is completely over on his back. Naturally I squealed into the ear of the poor insurance lady who had done nothing but kindly returned my call. This is not the only incident today of travelin Gabe. Since Rudolph was on this evening and the two older boys were destined to be occupied for an hour, I slipped out to run a few errands. Josh had Gabe all situated on his floor blanket with some toys when he was summoned by an older child, I think to wipe something - I am not sure what, there is always something requiring wiping in our house - anyway, when he returned from wipe duty, Gabe wasn't even on the blanket anymore. Since he seems to be at his most mobile when nobody is present to witness said movement, makes you wonder what he is thinking and doing. I think that is it for now - oh wait, one more thing. Gabe continues to discover new sounds he is capable of generating for his and our amusement. I can't describe one, kind of sounds like a baby version of the Tim Taylor grunt. He has also discovered he can make some "raspberries", which has several variations. So far he hasn't decided to do it while eating - but I know it is inevitable. I remember when the other two discovered the beautiful splatter array they could create with peas with such an action. Funny how they always learn that trick when I am wearing white.

No comments: